Spelfabet on Facebook0 Replies
I've finally bitten the bullet and set up a Spelfabet Facebook page, at https://www.facebook.com/Spelfabet.
When you set up such a page, Facebook asks you what your "Mission" is, which made me briefly wonder if I might be wearing my undies on the outside. Mission? I don't have a written-down mission statement, and WordPress didn't ask me for such a thing.
Since my FB page is mostly targeted at parents, my shiny new Spelfabet Mission on Facebook is: "To help parents and others teach learners to "hear" sounds in words and learn their spellings."
To fill up some of the copious blank space initially on the page, I have re-posted a handful of previous blog posts which are likely to be of interest to parents, and which fit in with my finely-honed new Mission:
- Learning literacy is like learning to drive (July 2012)
- Free early literacy Ipad apps (November 2012)
- Free literacy games on the internet (December 2012)
- Nonsense words (Dec 2012)
- Reading for parents (Jan 2013)
- Let's not sing our ABCs (letter names) (Jan 2013)
- How phonics got framed (Jan 2013)
- Free literacy training (Feb 2013)
- Free decodable books (February 2013)
- Free spelling game (March 2013)
At the time of writing, the page tragically only has one "Like", but I guess we all have to start somewhere!
If you're on Facebook and would "like" my new page, and send the link on to anyone who might be interested, I'd be most appreciative. https://www.facebook.com/Spelfabet.